Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fifty


I've now published fifty posts on my celebrity book recommendation site, BOOK RECS OF THE ROCK AND FAMOUS! Woot! If you aren't familiar with it, I compile book recommendations from magazines and post what musicians, actors, or athletes are reading so fans might read what their favorite stars read. I am also pleasantly thrilled and surprised when celebs tweet or email me their favorite reads. Just promoting literacy in a unique way!

I looked at my stats, and I found out which celebrities got the most web hits in the past year.
Here are my top five most visited posts (click the name to read the post):

1. ANGIE HARMON - actress on Rizzoli and Isles (on TNT)

2. TYSON RITTER - lead singer of All American Rejects

3. NIKKI SIXX - bassist of Motley Crue and Sixx:A.M. (plus author and radio show host)

4. JOSHUA MORROW - actor on The Young and the Restless

5. DUFF MCKAGAN - bassist of Velvet Revolver, Loaded, and formerly of Guns 'n Roses

A beautiful actress/mom, three rockers, and a handsome soap star!

Who would you like to see on my site? I can't guarantee anyone (and not everyone is an avid reader), but I will do my darnedest to try and find out their book recommendation for you. Today's celebrity post is the incredibly hot Joe Manganiello from True Blood and Magic Mike. Thanks for checking out my other site!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a writer's note, how awesome was WriteOnCon last week?! Thank you to the authors, agents, editors, and writers who participated! I received great feedback on a new picture book in the message boards, and the events were amazing!

Have a great week, everyone! Back to school for the kiddos and me tomorrow!

25 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome Kelly that you're getting comments and tweets back from the celebrities.

Yes, WriteOnCon was awesome, at least what I saw. I had company so couldn't attend that much this year.

Good luck with starting school. We start in 2 weeks and then it's getting up at 5:15 most days. Not looking forward to that.

Bish Denham said...

I didn't get to hang out at WOC... a very hectic week for me. I'm still trying to play catch-up.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's good stuff, Kelly! And Nikki Sixx? Interesting.

Kristi said...

Happy 50 posts, Kelly!

I love Joe, so I'm off to view your other site! :D

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Love Book Recs of the Rock and Famous, Kelly! Congratulations on hitting the fifty post mark.

Good back to school luck to you and the kids!

Kim Kasch said...

Whoo-Hoo! 50!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations on your 50 celeb posts! You are such a rocker!

James Garcia Jr. said...

Hi, Kelly. How have you been? You had me worried by titling your post 50. I'm only 7 years away and knew you were nowhere near that old!! *wipes forhead*
How about Alice Cooper? Have you cornered his bookshelf of choice yet? I don't listen to too many of his tunes, but think he's brilliant and funny as heck. I'd be curious to hear...
Take care, my friend, and rock on!

-Jimmy

Suzanne Casamento said...

Wooohoo! Cheers to Fifty Rock Star book recs! :)

nutschell said...

50 posts is a great milestone! Congrats! Can't wait til you get to 100:)

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Kelly Polark said...

Natalie - Whoa! 5:15 is an early start!
Bish- I didn't participate as much as I would have liked. But luckily we can peruse at our own pace!
Alex - Lots of Nikki fans!
Kristi - Thank you for checking Joe's post out!
Thank you, Cynthia!
Kim - Here's to fifty more posts in the next year!
Sharon - I try! But I do try to mix up the type of celeb too on the site. :)
Jimmy - Alice Cooper would make an excellent post. I will try!
Thank you, Suz!
Nutschell - Thank you! Hopefully I can fit in 50 more in the next year!

Jemi Fraser said...

I love your other site too - it's nice to see what the famous are reading :)

Susan Oloier said...

I really enjoy your Book Recs blog. Who to have? Hmmm...need to give it some thought and get back to you. Congrats on 50 posts.

Kelly Polark said...

Thank you for visiting my other site, too, Jemi and Susan! I appreciate it! :)

Christina Farley said...

Wow, that's really impressive. Congrats!

Sophia Chang said...

Congrats!

I'm so pissed that nobody went to see Magic Mike with me on the biiiiig screen. GRRRR

Carol Kilgore said...

Nice to meet you on Alex's blog!

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Many congrats on getting to your 50 milestone. You must be very pleased...

Lydia Kang said...

I love your other blog! It's so unique and awesome!

Theresa Milstein said...

Congrats on reaching 50 posts. More basketball players!

Missed Periods said...

And Joe Manganiello reads! He's now perfect.

DEZMOND said...

you should try and hit some of the British actors, I think they tend to read serious books since most of them are educated thespians. And lots of them have Twitters :)

Angela Ackerman said...

I had to zip over and find our what Sixx was reading, lol. Love his music!!! You are such a rock star, Kelly!!

Ange

Kelly H-Y said...

How fun, Kelly!!

ptc said...

This is amazing !